Innovation Challenge Hunt Template
Creating an Innovation Challenge
Utilizing Idea Hunt Templates
Innovation Challenges are perfect for the Idea Hunt platform. Using your platform, and providing the right information to your team members, customers, or community, can result in the collection and curation of a plethora of actionable and relevant ideas.
To create an innovation challenge follow the steps below:
1. Open your platform.
2. Click "Create New Hunt"
3. Enter a title for your hunt. This title should clearly deliver explain what you are asking of your customers, fans or followers.
EX: "Innovation Sprint"
4. Add a brief. A brief is a description that picks up where your title left off. In the brief you can add sub headers by using the # once, twice, or three times before text like this:
EX: "## Welcome to Innovation Sprint"
And a third subheading like: The 2017 Corporate Innovation Challenge
Following the sub header, you may want to provide addition details about the event, and example of which you can see in the template linked again, here.
In our example, we've used two different sub headers (by using ## and ### before the appropriate text) and an ordered list (by using 1., 2., and 3.) to provide additional information.
5. Select the privacy settings. For a market research hunt, you may want to select the first option "anyone can join" to collect more responses. Or, you may want to select the Semi-private or private options, if you would like to invite a select group of people to join your research project.
6. If you have an agreement for participation in your project, you'll want to upload it in the admin panel and then you will be able to select it from the drop down options here.
7. Click next.
8. Confirm the default field of text, or select the "Add Field" option to create additional fields to collect information.
If you select the "Add Field" option, you'll need to name your field, provide a description of the information or why you are collecting it, and then the type of field you would like to create from the drop down. Next select whether it's a required field, whether the information will be displayed publicly as part of your users submission, and whether you would like to active the field at this time.
9. Click next.
10. Select your date range for this project.
11. Click next.
12. Upload a photo that will allow your users to quickly identify the topic area or type of market research you will be conducting. This photo will be useful for your users, as they return to your market research project.
13. Click next.
14. Upload any additional documentation and click next. If you would like to skip this step, click next now.
15. Enter any rewards you might like to offer for participation or the most meaningful ideas and click next. If you would like to skip this step, click next now.
16. Review your project and click publish.